Stay Bear Aware: Safety Tips and Information
Telluride is located in the heart of bear country so it’s crucial to educate yourself on the management of the wild creatures. Bears come into town seeking food and will only attack when feeling threatened. Follow these basic guidelines to avoid any unwanted interaction with bears:
- Always keep your polycart (trash can) locked.
- Bag trash tightly to contain odors.
- Clean polycart with a bleach solution.
- Keep pet food inside.
- Keep barbecue grills clean.
- Never leave food in a vehicle.
- Lock downstairs doors and windows.
For additional safety tips about bears, click here.