Activities and Events not to be missed in Telluride this winter
Cirque Mechanics (above) performing at the Telluride Palm December 30th & 31st
The first snow has fallen, the snow guns are being primed to fire up and the upcoming ski and snowboard season is top of mind in Telluride.
The sooner you start planning your ski vacation to Telluride the better the chance you’ll get the perfect property at the desired time of your visit. If you’re coming during busy Christmas/New Years, President’s Week (February 15th – 22nd) or Spring Break times (March 8th – 22nd), it’s even more important to book early, so what are you waiting for?
Latitude 38 Vacation Rentals is your one-stop shop for the best ski and snowboard vacation of your life. In addition to our portfolio of premium properties, we can bundle discounted ground transportation, lift tickets, ski / snowboard rentals, and fun activities such as snowmobile tours and food tours, all in one package.
In fact, we can help you plan every part of your dream itinerary to Telluride.
As you plan your trip, take note of some of these extra special annual events:
• Nov. 28, Telluride Ski Resort Opening Day.
• December 4 – 20, Holiday Prelude. Two weeks of seasonal events from the Arts Holiday Bazaar to ice skating parties, live music and theater. The event kicks off with the festive Noel Night at participating stores in downtown Telluride where you’ll find one-night-only sales and complimentary holiday treats.
• Dec. 24, Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade. The slopes light up as skiers snake down the mountain by torchlight.
• December 31, Torchlight Parade and Fireworks. New Year’s Eve Countdown. Ring in the New Year at a public celebration on Main Street in front of the courthouse from 11:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Jan. 24, KOTO Lip Sync. A perennial favorite featuring dancing and lip syncing as locals really let their hair down at the historic Sheridan Opera House to raise funds for our favorite local radio station. Tickets sell out within hours of going on sale. The contest is so popular it is now simulcast at the New Sheridan Bar.
Feb. 1 – Chocolate Lover’s Fling. Chocoholics swoon over dozens of bite sized chocolate desserts from the region’s premier chefs. A Telluride local’s favorite. You can bid on silent auction items and dance your legs off to a Live DJ. Participate in a cash raffle and support to benefit the San Miguel Resource Center’s quest to end domestic violence and sexual assault.
• Feb. 13 – 16, Sheridan Arts Foundation 15th Annual Comedy Festival. Need a good belly laugh? This is the place to be for four nights of some of the most unique and hysterical standup, improv or sketch comedy presented by some of America’s funniest comedians. Past performers have included Rob Riggle, Sarah Silverman, Rob Corddry, and Ed Helms.
• Feb. 21 – March 2, Telluride Gay Ski Week. The country’s top US Gay Ski Week celebrates its 10th anniversary with a 10-day week. The climax of the event is undoubtedly the annual Gala Fashion Show and after party on March 1 to raise funds for Telluride AIDS Benefit. The spectacle rivals the best of those seen in New York City Fashion Week with merchandise and donations from the likes of Catharine Melandrino, Autumn Teneyl, Elie Tahari, Kenneth Cole, Diesel and Dolce & Gabbana.
• April 4, KOTO End of Season Street Party and Costume Contest. If you plan to close out ski season in Telluride there’s no more exuberant way to celebrate the end of epic powder turns than dancing in the streets at this costume-dance party live music and irrepressible revelry.
Here are a few websites you should browse and check frequently for new events, live music and other things happening during your visit to Telluride: Sheridan Opera House, Palm Theatre, Fly Me to the Moon Saloon
Latitude 38 Vacation Rentals is a professional vacation rental and property management company based in Telluride, Colorado.
For more information you can call – 877-450-8838 or visit us online: www.Latitude38VacationRentals.com